I am sick today. And I sit here with a box of tissues, a bottle of hydrasense and a clove of burning garlic shoved in my aching ear. I am too sick to do anything but have random thoughts and watch boring shows on TV. Daytime television is bleh. There is more snow coming. “When the snows fall and the white winds blow…” the bus ain’t coming cause school is closed.
1. Make a huge amount of hot chocolate. Pour in a bottle of Benadryl. Give them as much as they like, they’ll all be out before you know it.
2. Send them outside and offer a ‘ten’ for every igloo they make. They’ll stay out of your hair the whole day. Then give them a dime for every igloo. What?
3. Send them over to Grandma’s. That is what parents are for. (Be sure to move to Florida after they get married and have their own kids.)
1. Make your own hot chocolate.
2. Offer to make breakfast and let Mom go back to sleep.
3. Clean the house while Mom sleeps.
4. Take care of younger brothers and sisters while Mom sleeps.
5. Make chicken sandwiches for lunch, feed everyone, then clean up the kitchen while Mom sleeps.
6. Make Mom the best cup of coffee/tea ever and serve it to her on a tray with a flower in bed.
7. If you can’t manage all the above, take all your brothers and sisters and go over to Grandma’s. Stay there.
Any more ideas for the next snow day?
(All pics courtesy of moi taken on Feb 8)